Open up kitchen doorway

Task B of the jobspec on my previous post is to open up the doorway to the kitchen. To me, it didn’t look like it was bricked up too well to begin with, so I decided to take on that task myself this weekend.

On the latest plans, this will be the door way into the Staff Room.

The first thing I wanted to do was re-route the electric circuit.

Then remove the door frame.

On the other side though, the wall is rendered. I used a series of drill holes to work out where the first block was.

Chipping away at the render is what takes most of the time, but I wanted to be fairly neat at the edges of the entrance.

And it’s down.
Just a sweep up needed.

There is a step up into the room which will need dealing with.

I also need to move the water pipe as it’s now a trip hazard. That’ll be a job for next weekend.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.